Combining Crystal Healing with Reiki is widely used and documented. The use of crystals amplifies the energy channelled through Reiki to where a specific frequency of healing energy, as provided using specific crystals, is most needed. Including crystals as part of a Reiki treatment could be a very intuitive process or it could be done in a more structured way through a practice such as Crystal Reiki… or both.
In my own practice I frequently use crystals as part of the Reiki treatment and the following are examples of some remarkably effective treatments:
- The placement of the various chakra stones on the associated chakras of the body whilst doing a Reiki chakra balancing enhances the intensity and effectiveness of the chakra balance. This is particularly useful where the client’s chakras are radically out of balance.
- Amethyst placed on aching joints when doing a Reiki treatment for arthritic conditions have shown positive results in clients treated for ailments such as osteoarthritis. A specific client received treatments every second week and the combination of crystal and Reiki therapy resulted in her reducing the need to use conventional painkillers and anti-inflammatory medication on a daily basis. Continuing with her treatments on this basis brought her to point where she only now only uses such medication when absolutely necessary (which now is very rarely).
- Petrified Wood placed on the back along the spine from the nape of the neck to the tailbone at equal intervals when doing a Reiki treatment for backache is a technique that has shown positive results. Such a treatment is greatly enhanced with the incorporation of the Reiki Power Symbol (Cho Ku Rei) and/or the Karuna Ki Reiki® symbols Zonar, Kriya and Rama.
- Rose Quartz and/or Malachite placed on the heart chakra and Citrine placed on the solar plexus when Reiki treating a client suffering from heartache soothes the pain and pressure felt in the heart chakra and restores the balance of the solar plexus which is usually quite “bruised” because of such heartache. Using the Emotional Healing Symbol (Sei He Ki) and/or The Karuna Ki Reiki® Symbols Harth and Iava could further support healing the heart and solar plexus chakras.
- At the start of a Reiki treatment, I often unruffle the aura by hand – clients frequently show hectic and very scrambled energy patterns in their auras and it is immensely helpful for a more effective Reiki treatment to unruffle and smooth their auric energy. Clearing and smoothing the aura with a crystal wand before starting the Reiki treatment instead of unruffling the aura by hand can also be highly effective, particularly in more severe chaotic auric energy patterns.
- Drawing out discarded energy at the feet with a crystal wand, especially when the client finds that his/her feet are feeling very heavy from such discarded energy has also proven beneficial.
- There are several ways of grounding clients after a Reiki treatment, but I have found that one of the most effective practices is having the client sit up, drink a glass of water and have them rest their feet on a large chunk of Petrified Wood.
It is easy to incorporate crystals into the Reiki treatment, effectively combining the energy benefits of these two therapies to amplify the healing process and to target specific healing outcomes. There are so many ways to incorporate the power of crystals into Reiki in support of the healing process. Most importantly, set pure intentions, be guided by spirit, do it from a space of unconditional love and trust your intuition.
Please stay tuned for my next article where I will discuss Reiki Complimented with Colour Therapy.
Article by Thea van der Merwe
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with
our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Thea van der Merwe, Ph. D. is a nationally and internationally trained holistic energy, certified and experienced Master Reiki Practitioner, qualified in Usui Reiki, Reijukido, Karuna® Reiki, Karuna Ki Reiki, Crystal Reiki, and Gendai Reiki. She obtained the title of Shihan (full master/teacher), the highest level in Gendai Reiki Ho. Besides her greatest passion which is Reiki, Thea is also a spiritual shaman, healer, and teacher, offering readings as a way of accessing spiritual guidance. Her journey of personal discovery, growth, and healing started back in 2005 when she was personally in need of healing and searching for something more than what conventional medicine and therapy could provide. Thea is currently nationally and internationally registered with the South African Reiki Masters Association and The Reiki Healing Association respectively – both professional associations for the local and global Reiki communities, working to promote the wide-reaching practice and healing effects of Reiki throughout the world and where the primary philosophy is that together, we can do so much more. You can get into contact with Thea van der Merwe at viterra.co.za, which is her website, and at facebook.com/viterrahealing on Facebook.