2020's Easy Money Making Strategies - Register now!

Uttar Pradesh deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya exuded confidence of a BJP victory in the upcoming assembly polls and declared that the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the BSP won’t come to power in the state for the next 25 years.

“The BJP has not even started its campaign completely but already it is a firm belief that the SP and BSP cannot come form a government in Uttar Pradesh for the next 25 years. The opposition parties have only one job left with them, and that is to spread lies and mislead the public,” Keshav Prasad Maurya alleged at a public meeting on Wednesday.

Maurya asserted that the BJP will comfortably clear the 300-seat mark and claim 60 per cent of the vote share in next year’s UP assembly elections. Even in the remaining 40 per cent, the saffron party will have a significant vote share, he said.

ALSO READ | Mission 2022: CM Yogi Adityanath, Dharmendra Pradhan, other BJP leaders brainstorm over UP polls

Talking about the farmers’ protests in Uttar Pradesh, Maurya said that the ongoing stir is not a farmers’ movement, but an “election movement”.

“Under the guise of farmers, the Opposition is grinding their political axe and using the farmers to run their political campaigns,” he alleged.

Taking a potshot at SP chief Akhilesh Yadav, Maurya claimed the former UP chief minister had still not recovered from his party’s ill-fated alliance with the Congress and the resulting defeat in the 2017 UP assembly election.

“Now, he is seen talking about taking 400 seats in 2022. It seems that Akhilesh has gotten used to seeing ‘Mungerilal Ke Haseen Sapne’,” the deputy CM jibed.

ALSO READ | Abba jaan remark: Akhilesh Yadav hits out at Adityanath for using ‘divisive’ language

Undaunted by the ruling party’s grand assertions, Samajwadi Party City President Wajid Nisar said UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath and his two deputy CMs were losing sleep because of the growing popularity of Akhilesh Yadav.

“The election wind is blowing for the Samajwadi Party and the people of Uttar Pradesh are fully inclined to form the SP government in 2022,” he emphasised.

On the other hand, Congress leader Shabbir Abbas pointed out the failings of the BJP government and said the people of the state are suffering because of inflation, unemployment and rising crime rate.

“With the price of gas reaching Rs 1000 per cylinder and the price of petrol reaching Rs 100 per litre, the budget of every person has been disturbed. Not a day passes when the news of robbery, murder etc is not read in the newspapers. Now the people of the country and the state are tired of this government and want to overthrow them,” said Shabbir Abbas.

WATCH | Charges of Covid mismanagement against UP govt a conspiracy: Deputy CM

Source link

2020's Easy Money Making Strategies - Register now!