This is a quiz on famous authors and their books. There is a connection between all the authors selected for this quiz. Can you identify the similarity?
1. Who is the author of the satirical novel Catch-22 set in the background of World War II?
J D Salinger
2. One of the most influential poets in the American canon, he is often called the father of free verse. He has written the famous poem “O Captain! My Captain!” mourning the death of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln. Who is he?
T S Eliot
Edgar Allen Poe
3. Who is the creator of the world famous character, James Bond?
John le Carre
4. The book “The Cat Who Went to Heaven” won the 1931 Newbery Medal for “most distinguished contribution to American literature for children” from American Library Association. Who is the author?
Frances Hodgson Burnett
5. Niccolo Machiavelli is often called the father of modern political philosophy and political science. Do you know the title of the well known political treatise written by Machiavelli?
The Little Prince
6. Who is the author of “Last Orders’ which won the 1996 Booker Prize?
J M Coetzee
7. Name the German philosopher and socialist revolutionary well known as the writer of “Das Kapital” and “The Communist Manifesto”?
8. “The Ring and the Book” is a long narrative poem consisting of 21000 lines and was published in four volumes. Do you know this author who is well known for a famous children’s poem?
9. Which one of the following characters was created by the Scottish novelist J M Barrie?
Whinnie the Pooh
10. “Watership Down”, story of a small group of rabbits, was the debut novel of this English novelist. Who is he?
C S Lewis
11. Who is the author of the best selling Gothic novel, “Rebecca”?
Daphne du Maurier
12. Name the American author known for the children’s novel, “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” and its sequels
C S Lewis
L Frank Baum
Note: All the authors who are mentioned in the questions or are the correct answers to the questions are born in the month of May